Monday, July 29, 2013

July 28, 2013

This week has been good.  Lots of biking.  I'm still healthy, so that's good.    Mom, yes lunch is delicious.  If it wasn't, I wouldn't eat it.  And the green beans are thanks to Sister Patch.  Her departing advice was to eat a salad every day, and that's as close as I could get.  When we were on splits, Elder Yarkasi offered to pay for my meal if I ate a cabe (chay-bay) pepper.  It was way spicy.  They're not bad if you eat them with something, but alone is terrible.

The weather is not cooling down, and probably won't cool down.  Rainy season'll hit in September or October, so I've got a little while.  But I'll still be in Malang, which is a way rainy place, I hear.  

One of the things that I've found funny is hearing people pray.  We have an investigator who's been an investigator for a long time, and when he prays, he starts "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Amen.  Our Heavenly Father..." He proceeds to offer a pretty standard LDS prayer, concluding with "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen, enter the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost, amen."  It's way funny, and I don't know what to do about it, so we just go with it.
  
I read a talk that I really liked.  It's called "the Atonement" by W. Cleon Skousen.  I don't know who he is; I'm assuming a member of the 70 because he's not in Elder Suryono's History of the Church book, which has all of the 12 until Elder Eyring.  If you can't find that talk anywhere, let me know so that I can scan it or take a picture or something and send it your way.  It was just laying around our apartment, the pages out of order, and so it might have been sent by someone's family.  It's cool though.

I also like in Hebrews 2:9, Christ is referred to the Captain of Salvation.  it just is some really cool imagery that I like.  The role of Christ is so important and huge; I wish I understood it better.  

Yep, things are good.  I have nothing to complain about.  Love you all, and thanks for your prayers. Hope the pictures give more info about what I'm up to.
Elder Heiner

I like to look fly when I ride my bike.
 
Just ridin a bacuk (bay-chuck)

This guy had maybe 250 baby chickens (check out their
colors) on the back of his motorcycle.  When he turned they
would all slide to one side or the other.  It was both
cute and horrifying...

Once you get out of the city, things are way pretty.
This is what I pictures Indonesia being like when I
got my call, with all the rice fields.

For dad...
"Don't cut your lifeline.  Sign up for Institute."

The styrofoam mosque.
It's a Ramadan thing.

Dinner with the 2nd councilors family.

No comments:

Post a Comment