Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Another week is come and gone, and here we are again.  I can't believe that I've been in Tangerang for over a month.  I also can't believe that I've been in Indonesia for over a month.  Or that I got to college over a month ago.  What is going on with the time?  

This week was good.  We found more people to teach again, which is great.  I feel like they keep finding us.  We spend as much time as possible proselyting, or doing as much as we can to find people, but we have yet to find anyone by doing that.  For three weeks now, someone new has found us.  It's quite the miracle.  I have so much hope for the people we teach, and they just need to have a little faith and take that first step.  Read the Book of Mormon and say one prayer.  Or come to church.  It's so close, so I have really high hopes for this week.
  
I didn't eat anything too strange this week, I think.  I did hear about something that I don't think I ever want to eat.  Sometimes, people here take the contents of the intestines of animals they've killed for food and then make soto with that.  It sounds so gross; I don't think I could bring myself to eat it.  And I've eaten some strange stuff.
    
It hasn't really rained that hard this week, which means it's been SUPER hot.  It is hot all the time except on the top of Mt. Bromo (which was months ago) and during sacrament meeting for Tangerang 2.  The AC goes crazy and I just freeze to death.  My companion too.

OH, have you read the Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow book yet?  It's amazing.  I ordered it from the office and got it last week, and it's way good.  That guy really was a prophet of the Lord.  Super dang good.  

I think that's about it.  I mean, sure stuff happened, but I don't know what to tell you, and my time's up, so maybe you can just look at the pictures and imagine that I'm a better writer.  I'm healthy, as far as I can tell, and happy, and I'm learning a lot.  

Love, Elder Heiner
Typical, duck footed me.
The church in Tangerang.
The inside is the very same as every other Mormon church.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your awesome posts. We are reading your blog now because our son was just called to your mission! Entering the MTC Jan 15th. Maybe you and Tyler will be companions?

    ReplyDelete