Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013


Dear Everyone,

Well, I'm still in Tangerang, which is great.  I really love it here.  And this week was really good, too.  We started off with going to Jakarta for PLD.  Medan was there, so I got to see those missionaries, which was great.  It was the first time I'd seen Sister Hutchinson since she left for her mission, and the first time I'd seen Sister Jibson since we got to Indonesia.  Elder Gong was there, which was Awesome.  It was the first time I've met a General Authority, or at least the first time I remember meeting a General Authority, and it was way cool.  I kind of figured that meeting a General Authority would be kind of, I don't know, disappointing.  Like they'd feel rushed, or like you were stealing their time that they could be using to do General Authority stuff or something like that.  But it was really cool.  He was really interested in me, and really cared, and took real time to get to know me and my companion, and all the missionaries there.  I feel like he really tried to befriend us, and he succeeded.  If I saw him on the street, I wouldn't hesitate to go and say hi.  He was way cool, and had a lot of things to say, and was very supportive and I learned a lot.  It was a great experience.

The rest of the week was good.  Lots of riding in angkots but also a good number of lessons, so that's good.  We have a couple of people that are just on the edge of receiving a witness that this is true.  If they stick with it just a little longer, read a little more, pray one more time, they'll know that this is the truth.  That Jesus Christ really lived, died, and was resurrected so that we can be made whole again.  That He restored His church in this dispensation through his prophet, Joseph Smith.  And that they can partake of all the blessings that our Father in Heaven desires and has planned for them.  I ingin, which translates to desire, want for them to just take that one little step of faith.  It will change their lives.

We had a break the fast yesterday.  It was the same as every other break the fast I've ever been to.  Except the food was Indonesian.  And there was way more of it.  The members sent us home with 6 kilos of food.  It's really good food, too.  I have a couple favorite foods, and one of them we got a bag of.  They're called "ber-ken-dale" and they are so delicious.  They're like the size of a cream puff, and it's garlic mashed potatoes that have been deep fried.  That's what I thought they were, but I wasn't sure, so I asked the lady who made them, and actually, that's what they are.  I can eat like 50 of them.  But usually only 2, because that's what you can get for 1000 rupia at the padang.  

Yep, things are good.  I'm really enjoying things here, and hopefully things start to progress.  I can see it happening.  We're soooooo close.  
I love you all, Elder Heiner


Halloween on $11.
I tried to explain the Halloween traditions to my
companion.  He thought it was all pretty weird.
This makes me a little worried.
What's in them?
Everything is a little smaller over here.
Oregon Ducks at PDL!
Sister Hutcheson, the Lisks, and Me.
Mini MTC reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment