Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hello everybody,
Life in Tangerang is just swell.  Everybody's (finally) healthy, and we're just plugging along.  We did splits in the district on Wednesday and Thursday, which was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot.  Probably more than anyone learned from me, to be honest.  I often feel like that...

Other than that, this week was pretty normal.  Life as a missionary in Tangerang really has a lot of angkot riding, now that I think about it.  We seem to spend a lot of time hot and sweaty and stuck in traffic.  Plus all the angkot drivers play the same dangdut song.  Dangdut is a popular style of music here, with drums and an ethnic beat.  So if you want to know what it's like in an angkot, wait until its 95 degrees, put a bench in your car, park it in the sun, play a dangdut song really loud with the bass turned up high, and sit for an hour.  Not that I recommend that, I’m sure you can imagine it just fine.  And not complaining.  Just know that teaching lessons and finding people makes up for whatever traffic conditions show up.

Tomorrow and Wednesday are PLD, which is exciting.  I always like to get to see other missionaries.  And we get to see President Donald, which is super exciting, too.  I love that man, he always is so supportive and amazing.  And his Indonesian is pretty good.  

I've been trying to be healthier and eat more fruit, there are so many different options here.  It's really tasty so I'm happy with this decision.  There's a stand that's a 2 minute walk from the house, and manggis is 20.000 a kilo (maybe 3.000 a fruit), and starfruit is 25.000 a kilo (which is about 7.000 a fruit, and they're big), and bananas are cheap too, and I'm going to buy a sirsak later this week, I don't know how much they run. Yum.
  
Well, my time's about up, and I don't know what else to say.  I seem to run into this problem sometimes.  It's a good thing I have a planner, otherwise I wouldn't know what we're doing today and I wouldn’t know what we did yesterday.  How useful.  Somebody was inspired when they made that thing.  And the area book.  Man, I would die without that.  Shout out to future missionaries, use your area book.
I love you all.
Elder Heiner
Me and a starfruit.
The railroad we ride occasionally to visit a couple of
people who live quite far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment