Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

Dear all of everyone,
So, this week was fairly uneventful.  We did splits within our district, which was fun, and we are getting the AC fixed later today (it's been broken since before I got here...), and we did a bunch of teaching.  We also got calls about moving, and it turns out, I'm staying in Tangerang!  I'm really happy about that.  But my companion is moving, he's off to Medan, and I'm getting a new companion.  His name is Elder Canfield, and he's moving here from Semarang.  He's been in the mission for 6 months or so.  That's all I know about him.  He is serving half the island away, and he'll ride an airplane to get here, so it's understandable that I've never had a conversation with him.  I've seen him once, when he was brand new and we were picking up a couple elders from his group, but I can't remember his face, so it's going to be pretty fun.  I'm excited for this.  Elder Barrus and Elder Sutadiyono are both staying, so the district here is going to be mostly the same.  

Also, tomorrow, we're going to Senopati to get another couple of white missionaries.  They land later today (hopefully), and so we'll head over there and get ourselves two brand new missionaries to live in Tangerang for a little while while they get their papers in order.  It's going to be a lot of fun, and we're planning things to do with them, like eat durien and parey, and take them proselyting, and whatever else we're doing on a regular basis.  It'll be good.  

Other than that, things seem really normal.  I guess I'm just not that exciting.  I promise missionary work is more than 2 paragraphs worth, I just don't know what to tell you.  So yep.  
Anyway, love you all,

Elder Heiner
Me overlooking my town of Tangerang.
We are at the top of a mall that is by the church.
My Comp hiding from the rain in true Indonesian Squatting Mode.
Indonesians squat with their feet together and their soles flat
on the ground.  It is impossible.  But they do.
Me with a sweet eagle.
We ended up early to district meeting so we got of the angot
early and took some pictures as we walked to the church.
A mansion in Bogor.  We were there on p-day.


No comments:

Post a Comment