Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Well, here's another week, come and gone.   Maybe we'll try a day by day approach:
Monday: We went to snow world.  It was soooo cold.  But it was also really cool.  The snow was almost like real snow, but not really.  It didn't taste like real snow, but it was cold like real snow.  And there was a big old ice slide, which was really cool.  We took a ton of pictures, but I only sent a couple home.  For a lot of people here, this is the only snow they will ever see.  Then we contacted some referrals that we got last Sunday.
Tuesday: We did splits, I was with Elder Barrus.  We taught a potential investigator, and it turns out he's actually in Elder Barrus' area, so we passed his information on.  
Wednesday: Splits again, me with Elder Sutadiyono.  We taught 3 lessons, to my favorite investigators, and it felt like the day was 5 minutes long.
Thursday: We did weekly planning and taught a friend of a member.  We've met her a handful of times, and that was good.
Friday: I don't remember.  And I just got a new planner, so I don't have a record of it with me...
Saturday:  We taught an old man and his wife, they are the craziest couple.  The wife is Muslim, but said "amen" about a thousand times while we were praying.  And the husband is just the craziest old dude.  He came to church yesterday, which was great.  
Sunday: Easter!  But nothing happened.  We don't celebrate Easter in this country, I guess.  The rumor is that we celebrate it every week when we take the sacrament.  So that seems cool.
  
 Yep, that's the week in a paragraph.  I think that's it.  I love you!  Elder Heiner

We are at "Snow World".  I can tell I am used to the warm
weather because I have never been so cold in my life!
Me an an ice garuda (eagle).
My name tag in "snow".  Don't know many missionaries that
can have a name tag picture on a beach and in the snow just
a couple weeks apart.  But I get to be one of them.
#3
I no longer get sick from eating at these.
Seriously, everyone has a motorbike.  This is the train station
parking lot.
Even though we are in the city,
we still find cool places to ride our bikes. 
Telephone poles in the middle of the road.
Genius!






No comments:

Post a Comment