Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Well, one more week has come and past, and I am always running out of time.  But that's the name of the game, I guess. 
This week has been exciting.  I went to Jakarta, and then came back from Jakarta.  I was there for almost 24 hours, but not quite.  My plane took off from Surabaya at 6 on Wednesday (in the night) and I got back to Surabaya at 7 on Thursday (also night time).  There I got to hang out with Elder Kyle, Elder Gil, Elder Murphy, Elder Blaser, and Sister Jibson.  It was quite the party, even if it only lasted for about 18 hours and the purpose was to sign for our KITAs's.  And also, most of our planes were delayed.  I don't like delays.  But it's a part of traveling in Indonesia.  The train is delayed, the plane is delayed, the boat is delayed, the bus is delayed, the helicopter is delayed, the angkot is delayed (just kidding, angkots don't have schedules, so they're always right on time).    It was Elder Wills' birthday, so we had cake and ate at A&W.  That guy is pretty dang cool.  He's one of my examples as a missionary, even though he's younger than me, mission wise.  And age wise.  He's still really cool.  Other than that, it's just been some good trying to find people to teach and also trying to stay on top of everything.  But I'm loving it!  Our AC is great, too, so that makes sleeping really nice.  I love you all!

Elder Heiner
Our planes were delayed but luckily we were in the same
waiting room!  I don't know if you can see the Krispy
Kremes but that was the purchase of the week. 
It's amazing what a dollar can get you in Indonesia.
My view out of the plane the whole ride home.
An accurate drawing of my companion and me.
I'm down to a new low.  83 kilos.
Breakfast.  Make the day better with a smile.
That's our toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment