Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014

Well, another week has come and passed...
The most exciting thing is ...  Transfer calls!  Because Elder Marsudi goes home in 6 days, I just figured that it was on its way, and I'm going to be companions with Elder Headrick, a great missionary that I am stoked to work with.  He's moving from Medan, so that'll be a big difference.  Elder Wills is also moving, but only to Malang, so I get to see him all the time!  And his replacement is Elder McCleary, from my MTC group, so that'll be fun.  Also, the 2 of the 3 companions that I've had that are still missionaries are becoming zone leaders, so I'll get to see them at MLC next week!  It's going to be great fun.  
This past week has been really quiet, it was Hari Raya Idul Fitri, which is a Muslim holiday after Ramadan.  So everyone went home to where they were born, and Surabaya became a ghost town. We had no investigators in town, so we did proselyting all day, which wasn’t too exciting, but we have a handful of good contacts to give as referrals to other companionships in Surabaya since they don’t live in our area.  Funny how it works like that.  We have a couple for us, too, but most are for them.  Whatever.  
I got to do splits with Elder Wills, which was a lot of fun.  I really like the guy, and he's a real example to me of how a missionary should be.  
Every Saturday night we get groceries after English class, and I always buy a carton of chocolate milk, because regular milk tastes terrible, and I figured that I should get some dairy, and by Sunday night, it's always gone.  But it sure is tasty!
We're going next week to Jakarta because there's a transfer on Friday-Sunday and its MLC, and each of the zl's get a new comp.  This coming week looks like it will be a good one!  Anyways, gotta run.  Love you!
Elder Heiner
Me at the zoo tower.  The skyline and roofs are cool.
This is what it takes to order 10 chocolate sundaes
from McDonalds.  We cleaned out all our loose coins.
Also, they deliver here!  I ate 4, Elder Wills ate 4,
and Elder Lie ate 2.  FYI, servings are a lot smaller here.
August 2014 Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment