Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Well, this week has been pretty good.  
The highlight of the week was PLD (big zone conference).  That was really good, I got to have an awesome interview with the big man himself, President Donald, and then we had a good meeting after words.  I translated almost all the meeting because I love translating, except for the part were Elder Headrick and I were teaching, because I can't teach and translate at the same time.  That was both fun and interesting.  We learned a lot, and I think it is going to be a good 3 months before the next one.  I also learned that I have been selected to train a new missionary this coming transfer, so that's exciting.  There are a handful of Indonesian missionaries, a couple of Americans, and one from the Philippines, so I'm not sure where he's going to be from, or where we will move to, but the one thing I know for sure thing is that he's a boy.  
We've done a TON of finding this week.  None of the people we have really are active in wanting to meet with us, and they just seem to be letting us in for the sake of having white people in their houses, but that's not really that helpful.  So we're on the hunt.  I don't know if any of the people we found this past week will be those we're looking for, but now we have a fresh batch of people.  It's looking pretty good for this coming week.
Thanks for everything.  

I love you,  Elder Heiner

A sweet member family we were visiting this week.
This is not the same picture we took in Jakarta a year ago,
just the same people from my MTC group.
This sign reads - Sorry we are praying.  Please wait 15 minutes.
Kind of nice in Indonesia to get a prayer break.
I don't know why you would ever want to drink
another person's sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment