Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  And Happy New Year!  
This week has been pretty good, we keep doing what we're supposed to be doing, so there's a lot that's going on as missionaries.  We're pretty busy.  But riding angkots and teaching first and second lessons is not that exciting to tell about when that's all we do for days on end.  But it is pretty exciting from here.  I sure love it.
Christmas was good, we got up and then went to the Welch's.  We skyped our families, which was the highlight of the day, and then we lounged around.  Sister Welch is one of the greatest cooks ever, so we ate a ton of snacks that she made, and we played some games, like a word search, and a white elephant thing, and so that was good.  A couple of the members here joined us, which was fun.  We also celebrated Elder Budi's birthday, which is the same day.  So Sister Welch got him a sweater vest and we put some egg and flour on his head.  
I got to go on splits with Elder Eyre again, which was good.  I really like him.  He's a great, humble, hard working missionary.  I always enjoy going out with him.  It was way fun.  
Life is good as a missionary, even if it is the same every day.  I really like it here, and am really happy with my companion and my district and my area and my investigators.  Everything seems to be going perfectly, as far as I can expect it to go perfectly.  
Well, the time's up, I love you!  Elder Heiner

A picture of me at "Bro Mart".
Bro Mart is like a gas station store, there isn't much inside.
I don't know what the name stands for, but it is funny.
The chapel decorated for the Christmas party.
A photo from the mission tour with Elder and Sister Funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment