Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

Sooooo,
Sorry for the lack of writing last week.  I was kind of busy in Jakarta.  About 3 weeks ago, I was told that I was not going to attend the MLC meeting for February.  But then 2 weeks ago on Friday, I was told that the plan changed, and so last Monday I went to Jakarta.  It was fun, but a little inconvenient because we had planned on me being in Manado...  It worked out in the end, though.  So yeah, last week, I went to Jakarta on Monday and came back on Tuesday, adding 7 hours to my accumulated flight time and bringing my "Domestic Indonesian Flights" statistic to 29.  I am in second place mission-wide, I think.  Elder Kyle still has me by a solid 5 or 6.  And I won't be able to pass him because he's in Medan and will fly every time I do.
The rest of the week was good.  We taught a bunch of people, and talked to a bunch of people, and did regular missionary work.  Life is good.  Everyone's still healthy and happy, so that makes things nice.
President Donald had us start to read the Book of Mormon in 80 days, 3 chapters per day.  And he gave us a calender with all the assignments on it.  I've gone my whole mission without using a calender, and now I was given one that only goes until the 12th of May - the day before I get released from full-time service as a missionary.  So that's strange to think that once I get through the Book of Mormon again, I will go home.  Which means I know exactly how many days I have to work really hard.  It gives me a headache to think about it, so I usually don't.   You can sleep when you're dead, right?
Elder Heiner
A 1 Kilo Chocolate Bar
This is the Indonesian version of Hawaiian Haystacks.
We have an investigator who lives up these stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment